Hedge Fund Accountant
Company: Voloridge Investment Management
Posted on: March 15, 2020
The Fund Accountant must be detailed oriented, have strong
analytical and interpersonal skills, and a keen understanding of
the financial industry. --They will bring an extensive knowledge of
accounting software and processes to organize and report financial
data.-- Strong work ethic and sense of ownership needed to shine in
a fast-paced quantitative environment.-- Successful candidates will
embrace the cultural principles at Voloridge: Drive creativity and
find pleasure in your work: Learning new things and bringing new
ideas and solutions to challenges we face is a key driver of
innovation and excitement Seek continual improvement and
roll-up-your sleeves: Be willing to listen and learn whatever
technologies, tools and ideals are necessary to solve a problem.
Embrace truth and openness and practice humility and honor:-- What
is important is uncovering errors quickly, getting fixes in place,
and understanding what can be improved for next time.-- Job
- Perform daily and monthly accounting procedures for private
funds and managed accounts, including cash and position
reconciliations, booking income/expense accruals, timely and
accurate NAV (Net Asset Value) calculations, financial statement
reviews and calculating management & performance fees.
- Reconcile various accounts and identify exceptions and
problems; promptly research and resolve any variances including
contacting vendors and internal associates.
- Assist in departmental initiatives and projects, including
updates to internal books and processes, as well as the development
of internal performance reporting.
- Analyze current processes, and continually strive to improve
them, including increased automation, usability, transparency and
- Complete special projects such as assisting with fund annual
audit and tax return reviews, completing investor audit
confirmations, compiling relevant financial information for
investor requests and creating reports requested by management
- Communicate frequently and effectively with all internal
management and staff as well as fund administrator, brokers,
outside clients and vendors.-- Sensitivity to confidential matters
may be required.
- Responsible for delivering ad-hoc requests accurately and
- Maintain detailed and accurate procedure documents
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned Minimum
- Bachelors degree, preferably with a major in accounting or
- 3+ years fund accountant experience.
- The ability to work daily, onsite in our Jupiter office.
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and
Adobe Acrobat experience.--
- Advance skill level in Microsoft Excel. Preferred skills and
- Experience with portfolio accounting systems and strong
securities accounting skills.
- Strong time management skills, excellent verbal and written
communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be detail-oriented, highly organized and able to meet
- Ability to multitask and effectively organize and prioritize
- Quick learner with strong problem-solving skills and strong
aptitude for numbers and accuracy.
- Ability to work efficiently in a high demand, team oriented and
fast-paced environment. Compensation and Benefits
- Highly competitive base salary
- Profit sharing bonus
- Health, dental, vision, life, disability insurance
- 401K -- Licenses Required-- None required. Additional
Information Voloridge Investment Management is an SEC registered
investment advisor. --A private investment company founded in 2009,
our mission is to deliver superior risk-adjusted returns for
qualified investors, using advanced proprietary modeling
technology, conservative investment tactics and sophisticated risk
management.-- Our market neutral equities strategy takes both long
and short positions in the most actively traded equities, and is
designed to capture alpha while limiting exposure to directional
markets risks.-- Our futures strategy takes both long and short
positions in the most actively traded global futures, and is also
built to maximize alpha captured across all futures markets traded
while capping exposure to any particular sector at a given time.
Voloridge Investment Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally
protected characteristic or status. -- --
Keywords: Voloridge Investment Management, Jupiter , Hedge Fund Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Jupiter, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!