Senior Controls Engineer, Service Engineering
Company: Power Systems Mfg., LLC, Ansaldo Energia Group
Posted on: November 4, 2019
Job SummaryProvide controls, tuning and commissioning support to
PSM's Service Engineering group.
Reports to: Manager, Tuning & Commissioning / Service
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:The essential functions of
the job include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform controls commissioning tasks such as regular system
maintenance, IGV & fuel valve calibration, repair and/or
replacement of controls software, hardware and instruments
- Perform control software upgrades, includes development support
to PSM product engineering
- Perform combustion tuning
- Assist in controls-related diagnosis & trouble-shooting
- Generate specifications for the modification of existing
control logic or the creation of new control logic to meet certain
- Work directly with external vendors, perform Factory Acceptance
Tests and support field validation of control logic
- Write standard procedures and Work Instructions allowing
non-controls engineers to perform basic and limited control systems
- Provide technical support to the sales and tendering teams
- Mentor and assist other less experienced engineers
- Must be able to travel up to 75% of time on very short notice,
including international travel
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering plus
seven (7) years of progressive experience in commissioning of
industrial gas turbine engines
- Minimum of 7 years' experience creating, modifying, simulating,
implementing, field testing and troubleshooting logic sequences and
Siemens' T3000 and WDPF HMI screens and interfaces. Working
knowledge of Siemens' TXP (T2000)/Simadyn also required. Knowledge
of Ovation or MHI's Netmation environment a strong plus.
- Minimum of 7 years' experience utilizing appropriate
design/analysis tools as necessary, such as control systems
sequence builders and compilers, control system simulators, Human
Machine Interface (HMI) screen editors, HMI consoles and controls,
data gathering and reduction (HMI historian, PI, MS Excel, Matlab,
etc.), scheduling (MS Project and Visio), reporting (MS PowerPoint)
- Minimum of 5 years' experience with GT general architecture and
design, working knowledge of GT support and ancillary systems such
as fuel delivery, purge, instrument air and hydraulic supplies,
understanding of associated limits and alarms and ability to
troubleshoot and correct issues
- Minimum of 5 years' experience with instrument calibration
procedures and typical tasks associated with recommissioning of GT
after inspection, ability to perform associated hands-on
- Multilingual candidate is a plus.
- Climbing. Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding,
ramps, poles and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and
- Balancing. Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling and
walking, standing or crouching on narrow, slippery, or erratically
- Stooping/Crouching. Bending body downward and forward by
bending spine at the waist.
- Kneeling. Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or
- Crawling. Moving about on hands and knees or hands and
- Reaching. Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Standing. Particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Walking. Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly
for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- Pushing & Pulling.
- Lifting up to 20 lbs. Raising objects from a lower to a higher
position or moving objects horizontally from
- Grasping. Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and
- Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the
wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform
an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures;
transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading;
visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or
operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement
devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to
- The worker is subject to both environmental conditions.
Activities occur inside and outside.
- The worker is subject to noise. There is sufficient noise to
cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above ambient noise
- The worker is subject to hazards. Includes a variety of
physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts,
moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and
high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
- The worker is frequently in close quarters, crawl spaces, and
other areas that could cause claustrophobia.
- The worker is required to function in narrow aisles or
- Requires travel (air & ground) with short notice.
- Ability to cooperate and work with people.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements
of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations
prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on
their status as protected veterans or individuals with
disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals
based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations
require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take
affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Accommodations for Applicants with Disabilities PSM provides
reasonable accommodations and/or assistance to applicants with
disabilities and disabled veterans (including but not limited to
other protected veterans and individuals with known physical and
mental limitations). If you need a reasonable
accommodation/assistance for any part of the application and/or
hiring process, please contact PSM's HR Department by email at
(please use "Accommodation Request" as the subject line) or call us
at . An HR team member (available between 8:00 am - 5:00pm eastern
time zone) will respond to all requests within three (3) business
days to provide assistance and/or the information being sought.
Hard of hearing or deaf individuals may contact Recruiting by
utilizing the 711 dialing code for access to Telecommunications
Relay Services (TRS) to contact the HR Department at .
Keywords: Power Systems Mfg., LLC, Ansaldo Energia Group, Jupiter , Senior Controls Engineer, Service Engineering, Engineering , Jupiter, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!