Regional Operations Manager
Company: Matheson Tri-Gas
Posted on: May 16, 2020
This focus of this position is to support and enforce all safety,
governmental, and Matheson Tri-Gas (MTG) procedures while meeting
operational goals. This position will promote the most efficient
use of cylinder assets, vehicle assets, plant assets, as well as
optimizing cost by working to reduce production, distribution, and
cylinder maintenance cost. This position will also recommend and
oversee the region s allocation of capital investments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other
duties may be assigned.
* Safety, Compliance, Quality - Ensure branch locations are
operated in accordance and in compliance with industry regulations,
MTG procedures and safety standards. Regulations include but not
limited to FDA, OSHA, DOT, EPA, NFPA. Maintain highest safety and
quality standards for production and distribution through
communication, audit follow up, training, and enforcement of
procedures and regulations.
* Conduct effective accident investigations to determine root cause
of accident, recommend, suggest or implement corrective
* Training - Train and guide Customer Service Managers and branch
employees in safety/production/distribution techniques assuring
their development to the fullest potential.
* Asset Utilization - Assure efficient utilization of cylinder
assets by monitoring and controlling stocking levels at all
branches within region. Where necessary, accommodate cylinder needs
through excess cylinder stock or by creating a capital
* Optimize vehicle and production equipment utilization within
region by monitoring distribution volumes/routes and
recommending/implementing improvements or consolidations.
* Monitor and recommend investments related to cylinders, vehicles,
forklifts, production equipment, and facility related items.
* Asset/Facility Maintenance - Oversee the maintenance of
equipment, vehicles and buildings at all regional branch
* Location Planning/Financial Management Gives input into location
operating and planning budget, monitoring of plans and goals and
provides input to improve service and decrease overall cost to
customer. Active in integration of operations of any acquisitions
within region. Assure locations are meeting service and quality
expectations of customers.
* Management/Continuous Improvement - Develop and monitor
operational staffing levels and productivity performance. Ensure
support of all customer service and sales efforts by keeping
productivity high, controlling costs, reinforcing safety efforts
and encouraging morale to achieve positive results. Work to
continuously improve processes in all areas. Provide
recommendations for increase department efficiency or cost
* Perform other project and duties as assigned.
Performance Indicators: (A non-comprehensive list of indicators,
which may be used for goal setting and/or performance
* Safety leading and lagging indicators
* Operating costs cost/cylinder filled and delivered, vehicle and
Matheson is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the
laws and regulations set forth under EEOC.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their race, color, Religion, national origin,
sex, protected veteran status, or disability
EOE AA M/F/VET/Disability
* Knowledge of gas production/filling and distribution operations,
methods, and practices.
* Ability to develop personnel and equipment structures to support
present and future operations.
* Must possess the ability to effectively communicate orally and in
* Leadership: a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results
* Planning: an ability to think ahead and plan over a 30-day time
span and prepare action plans to achieve results.
* Supervision, including employee hiring and retention, performance
management and discipline.
* An ability to balance and achieve positive results in the areas
of safety, quality, productivity, cost and employee relations.
* Inventory management.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
* An ability to manage multiple priorities.
* Strong team player.
* Computer skills include MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and
* Three to five years of experience in a gas production or
distribution environment with two years supervisory experience
* Proven ability to communicate clearly and effectively with
associates, vendors and customers in a wide variety of
* Exposure to and understanding of applicable regulations as
defined by DOT, OSHA, FDA, CGA, EPA, and NFPA.
* B. S. or B. A. Degree I Engineering, Business Management,
Industrial Management or related field; or strong commensurate
* Valid and current driver s license
Here are a few good reasons:
Compensation package including:
* Excellent Health Benefits Package; Medical, Dental, Vision
* Top-of-the-line 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
* Paid Time Off; Holidays, Floaters, & Sick
* Life Insurance
* Short-Term Disability
* Education Assistance
Keywords: Matheson Tri-Gas, Jupiter , Regional Operations Manager, Executive , Jupiter, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!