Director of Pharmacy
Company: Cardinal Health
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Your safety is our top priority.--We regularly consult with
medical professionals on best practices in COVID-19 prevention to
protect our employees.--We train our employees on these best
practices and regularly clean our sites in accordance with CDC
guidelines. Please note: All individuals entering our facilities
are required to complete a self-health check, wear a mask and
follow all posted guidelines. With over 45 years of experience in
helping hundreds of hospital and outpatient pharmacies, we provide
access to best practice strategies and tactics to control costs,
improve workflow and enhance safety. Cardinal Health Innovative
Delivery Solutions is one of the largest employers of acute-care
pharmacist in the United States. Cardinal Health is the employer of
choice for pharmacists because we offer a variety of career
opportunities in pharmacy leadership, clinical specialties, remote
order entry, business management, medication therapy management and
more.-- The Cardinal Health Director of Pharmacy will provide
oversight of medication management and pharmacy operations for
Jupiter Medical Center. The director ensures that the pharmacy
provides optimal services; meets all legal, accreditation, and
certification requirements; and complies with all applicable
policies, procedures, codes, and standards of the organization.
This position is located at Jupiter Medical Center in Jupiter, FL.
The Director of Pharmacy is a working manager role, that will
oversee the pharmacy, managed by Cardinal Health.
- Develops and enforces policies and procedures that promote
cost-effective, appropriate, and safe medication use.
- Develops and maintains a medical staff-approved formulary.
- Supervises medication storage and preparation areas throughout
- Provides for the educational needs of health care
professionals, patients, and their families.
- Ensures maintenance of an adequate medication supply. Ensures
the integrity of the medication supply. Establishes specifications
for the procurement of medications, chemicals, and
- Supervises all pharmacy personnel and hires, promotes,
disciplines, and terminates pharmacy staff.
- Prepares work schedules and monitors workload statistics.
Maintains an appropriate staffing level.
- Reviews monthly financial statistics and plans expenditures
within budget guidelines.
- Administers reports, documents, payroll records, statistical
surveys, and other required data.
- Ensures compliance with health system policies and procedures
that apply to pharmacy services. Ensures compliance with all
applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and
- Other duties as assigned Qualifications
- Must be a "good standing" licensed Pharmacist and/or eligible
for licensure in the state of Florida
- Previous hospital experience required
- Ability to negotiate, influence, and resolve customer/employee
problems or conflicts to meet the needs of external and internal
- Ability to hear, write, and speak clearly in order to
communicate with customers and health care professionals
- Excellent planning, organizing and leadership skills
- Flexibility with schedule. Ability to take on-call duties.
- Pressure to perform in emergency situations Cardinal Health
offers excellent compensation, plus one of the most
benefit packages in the healthcare industry:
- Benefits eligible on day one of employment
- Competitive 401K match program Cardinal Health is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental
disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression,
pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with
regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status
protected by federal, state or local law. To read and review this
privacy notice click here
Keywords: Cardinal Health, Jupiter , Director of Pharmacy, Executive , Jupiter, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!