Director of Activities Certified
Company: Luxe at Jupiter
Posted on: January 17, 2023
Job Description:To plan, develop, organize, implement, evaluate,
and direct the activity programs by current federal, state, and
company guidelines governing the Center and as may be directed by
the Administrator to ensure that the emotional, recreational, and
social needs of the residents are met and maintained on an
- -Ensure resident-directed plans of care related to each
resident's choices in activities.
- Plan, develop, implement, evaluate, and direct the center's
activity programs to meet each resident's needs regardless of their
- Identify and monitor the residents' spiritual, social,
recreational, and emotional needs through routine interviews and
- Develop positive relationships with the area health care
community, churches, and schools on behalf of the Company to ensure
current and future volunteers assist with program delivery.
- Develop and maintain a good working relationship with other
departments within the center to ensure that activity programs can
be adequately maintained to meet the needs of the residents.
- Conduct regular assessments and obtain input from the
residents/resident counsel to monitor the delivery of activities'
- Initially assess residents and coordinate with nursing
supervisor to help residents with a selection of activities in
compliance with doctors' orders.
- Interview residents and families to better provide activities
to meet the residents' needs.
- Provide information to residents and families that will show
activity programs available.
- Maintain and document activity progress notes and record
residents' activities, per OBRA guidelines.
- Ensure activities are varied and conducted seven days a week
- Develop a monthly activity calendar.
- Meet with personnel regularly to assist in identifying and
correcting areas and the improvement of services provided.
- Develop and implement volunteer programs to include recruiting,
training, and supervision of volunteers.
- Maintain a working knowledge and ensure compliance with all
- Provide the Administrator with requested assistance in
developing the activities' budgets.
- Manage activities budget to include labor costs; monitor
- Maintain supplies and equipment to ensure that adequate levels
are maintained and available for
- Must be certified as an Activities Director or Bachelor's or
Associates degree in Therapeutic Recreation
- Must have the ability to read, write, and follow oral and
written directions at a level to accomplish the job.
- At least two (2) years' long-term care experience
- Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance as
- Advanced computer knowledge and experience related to the job
preferred. Must have previous supervisory experience and strong
organization and communication skillsBenefits/Perks:
- Life Insurance
- Retirement SavingsLocation:Jupiter, FL
Keywords: Luxe at Jupiter, Jupiter , Director of Activities Certified, Executive , Jupiter, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!