Specialist, Security Information System Management
Company: Aerojet Rocketdyne
Posted on: October 5, 2019
OverviewAerojet Rocketdyne is a world-recognized aerospace and
defense leader providing propulsion and energetics to its space,
missile defense, strategic, tactical missile and armaments
customers throughout domestic and international markets. We offer a
complete line of propulsion products for launch vehicles, missile
defense and advance hypersonic propulsion.?Aerojet Rocketdyne is
seeking an Information System Security Manager for our Jupiter, FL
facility. In this role, you will operate autonomously as the
information systems subject matter expert to determine approaches
to objectives demonstrating a complete understanding and
application of industrial security and compliance principles,
concepts, practices and evolving requirements.Essential Job
Functions (Including % of Time for Each)Working under minimal
direction and exercising considerable latitude in determining
methods and approaches, the incumbent performs the following job
functions.?75% - Information Systems Security. Assume the
responsibilities associated with the role of the Aerojet Rocketdyne
Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM). As the ISSM, the
candidate will spearhead information assurance operations by:
- Interface with management and maintain liaison with US
Government information assurance oversight agencies and
- Plan, design, implement complex and large-scale information
system computing infrastructure.
- Interpret requirements and coordinate and implement multi-level
networked communications capabilities between government, prime and
subordinate contractors to include but not limited to TACLANE, CNet
and SIPRNet infrastructures.
- Possess in-depth knowledge of network encryption
hardware/software and network security configuration policies.
- Interpreting government and company policy to ensure compliance
with designated accrediting authority requirements for classified
information systems and/or networks of varying complexity.
- Providing information security guidance and direction to
program and engineering management and participants. Establishing
and maintaining required training and information security
- Possess extensive knowledge of multiple operating systems and
understand hardware and software capability requirements.
- Developing, maintaining and submitting government compliant
system security plans and their associated procedures that are
compliant with NISPOM and NISPOM Supplement.
- Sustaining compliance with all aspects of government approved
plans throughout system and program life cycles.
- Possess a high level of experience with Risk Management
Framework (RMF), and experience with implementing security
- Generates and maintains an on-going information systems
education and awareness program.10% - Physical Security. Support
physical security operations in the following areas:
- Assists security management in the preparation of facility
accreditation packages and site security plans.
- Audits processing area access and recommends physical security
hardware and electronic security system solutions.
- Ensure physical security requirements are adhered to?5% -
- Act as COMSEC Manager.
- Assist security management in the maintenance and
accountability of electronic communication equipment.
- Ensure secure communication systems are maintained and
compliant with applicable oversight regulations.
- Stand up and support National Security Agency (NSA)
communication security (COMSEC) account.
- Troubleshoot and deploy communication systems equipment.10% -
General Duties: As applicable, perform other assigned duties to
assist in accomplishing department goals and
objectives.RequirementsRequires a Bachelor's degree in an
appropriate discipline and 10 (ten) years of directly related
experience, or equivalent combination of education and
experience.?US Citizenship required. Must be able to obtain and
maintain a U.S. Security Clearance at the appropriate level (U.S.
Citizenship required). Must also be able to satisfy federal
government requirements for access to government information, and
having dual citizenship may preclude you from being able to meet
this requirement.?Additional Requirements:
- DOD 8570.1 Certified; Security+ or Certified Information
Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or other applicable 8570.1
certifications is required.
- In depth?knowledge of information assurance requirements as
outlined within the National Industrial Security Program Operating
Manual (NISPOM), the DSS Assessment and?Authorization?Process
Manual (DAAPM), Risk Management Framework (RMF).? Familiarity with
the Joint SAP?Implementation Guide (JSIG) is also a plus.
- Communicate effectively, orally and in writing with all levels
of management and individual contributors.
- Strong working knowledge of Windows and Linux based computer
environments and Microsoft Office productivity software including
Excel, Visio and SharePoint is essential.
- Ability to analyze complex information security problems and
provide focused solutions to accomplish program objectives.
- Willing to travel (local and continental US) up to 10% of the
time.?Environmental Factors: Cold Conditions, Dampness or Chilling
Conditions, Heat Conditions, Long or Irregular Hours of Work,
Slippery, Uneven Walking Surface.?Physical/Safety Considerations:
Climbing, Depth Perception, Distinguish Basic Colors, Kneeling,
Lifting 50 lbs., PC Usage, Pushing, Reaching Above Shoulders,
Standing, Straight Pulling, Vision, Walking.
Keywords: Aerojet Rocketdyne, Jupiter , Specialist, Security Information System Management, Executive , Jupiter, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!