Company: Jupiter Medical Center
Posted on: November 12, 2021
- AA/AS, BS preferred Experience / Qualifications
- State of Florida Technologist License
- National Certification required, ASCP preferred.
- Special Skills include: Cognizant ability to correlate results
from a variety of tests and relate to treatment of patient. Able to
multitask and learn a variety of instrumentation and software
systems to perform testing and result testing. Microsoft Office
skills. Position Summary This position will work in collaboration
with department leadership to support the needs of the department.
- Performs, interprets and reports clinical laboratory diagnostic
tests on blood and body fluids.
- Maintains competency in licensed areas with flexibly to perform
testing in these areas as needed.
- Ensures continuous operation of testing analyzers, laboratory
processes and other laboratory equipment by performing required
quality control and calibrations; completing preventive maintenance
requirements; following manufacturer's instructions;
troubleshooting malfunctions and contacting service for repairs as
- Cognizant ability to correlate results from a variety of tests
and relate to treatment of patient.
- Participates in evaluation, implementation and validation of
new equipment and techniques.
- Assists in orientation and training of new team members
- Maintains laboratory supply and reagent inventory; anticipates
needed supplies; places and/or expedites orders for supplies;
verifies receipt of supplies.
- Conserves laboratory resources by using equipment and supplies
as needed to accomplish job results.
- Timely review of pending logs, resolving any outstanding
workload while communicating findings to the next shift.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending
educational workshops; reviewing professional publications;
establishing personal networks; participating in professional
societies. Serves as a resource for departments outside the
laboratory for medical laboratory technology.
- Maintains inter- and intradepartmental workflow by fostering a
spirit of cooperation.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with
procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to
infection-control and hazardous waste policies and protocols,
following identification procedures.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects the hospital by
keeping information confidential. Team Member Competencies
Establishing Relationships Builds effective networks, working
relationships, and alliances in order to collaborate effectively
within department and organization. Can relate to all kinds of
people regardless of background; find topics and common interests
that can be used to build rapport with others. Peer Support
Provides guidance and feedback to help others strengthen
knowledge/skills needed to accomplish tasks, solve problems, and
perform effectively within the team. Inspiring and Motivating
Others Fosters commitment and cohesiveness by facilitating
cooperation and working as a team within the organization toward
goal accomplishments. Work well with others, build consensus, and
ensure cooperation to complete tasks and positive workflow.
Demonstrating Emotional Intelligence Exercises self-leadership,
self-awareness, and self-regulation; manages emotions so that they
are expressed appropriately; leads others by showcasing
adaptability, empathy, and social skills. Acting with Integrity
Interacts with others in a way that is seen as direct and truthful;
ensures confidence in individual and organizational motives and
representations. Acts in a way that is consistent with personal and
organizational values by keeping confidence, promises, and
commitments. Clearly states goals and beliefs; informs people of
their true intentions, does what they say they will do; follows
through on commitments. Being a Champion for Change and Innovation
Supports people in their efforts to try new things. Things
creatively, generates novel and valuable ideas and uses these ideas
to develop new or improved processes. Accepts new ways of doing
things and adapts to change. Communicating Effectively Speaks and
writes clearly, conveys information in a concise, organized, and
logical manner. Is adept at tailoring the message to fit the
interests and needs of the audience. Listens attentively and
exercises tact, discretion, and diplomacy when interacting with
members of the department and organization. Promoting Diversity and
Inclusion Treats all people with dignity and respect. Demonstrates
an open-minded approach to understanding people regardless of their
gender, age, race, national origin, religion, ethnicity, disability
status, or other characteristics. Challenges bias and intolerance.
Develops all-inclusive groups in the realms of social interaction
and communication. Shows respect for the beliefs of others;
encourages and promotes practices that support cultural diversity;
discourages behaviors or practices that may be perceived as unfair,
biased, or critical toward people with certain backgrounds.
- Standing on feet 65% of shift while performing lab tests.
- Sits up to 4 hr/day on chair while doing paperwork.
- Walking up to 50 yards per day. Lifting: 1-10 lbs from floor to
counter level, PRN to replace reagents.
- Carrying: 1-10 lbs distance 50 yards; several times a day.
- Pushing: 1-5; 50 yards several times a day. Squatting: several
times a day to reach cabinets, equipment.
- Twisting: Upper body 45 degrees; frequency - 10 times/
- Rotating: Upper body 45 degrees; frequency - 10 times/
- Reaching: arms distance 1-3 feet several times a day.
- OSHA exposure level is Category I-Exposure to infectious
diseases, blood and body fluids.
- Use of appropriate protective equipment is required.
- Must be able to communicate with coworkers, supervisors and
physicians and answer telephones.
- Environment is noisy and disruptive.
- Numerous interruptions occur throughout the day. Threshold
- These threshold requirements are required and completed yearly
- Annual Joint Commission mandatory education requirements,
in-service and health requirements including attendance at new
- TB/PPD Surveillance Program
- Maintenance of required professional licensing and/or
certification(s). This is not necessarily an extensive list of all
responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or working
conditions associates with the job. While this is intended to be an
accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the
right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be
performed when circumstances change (i.e. emergencies, changes in
personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments). I have
reviewed these job requirements and verify that I can perform all
essential functions of this position.
Keywords: Jupiter Medical Center, Jupiter , Medical Technologist, Healthcare , Jupiter, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!