Company: Jupiter Medical Center
Posted on: November 19, 2021
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing, BSN
preferred Experience / Qualifications
- RN- Current RN licensure in the state of Florida
- BLS Certification American Heart Association for Healthcare
- NIHSS Certification Position Summary Within nursing services,
the Registered Nurse assumes the accountability and responsibility
as a professional nurse for providing "Patient Centered Care" for
an assigned group of patients.
- The RN plans, directs, and evaluates nursing care while
providing a holistic view, which may include dimensions of
physical, developmental, emotional, psychosocial, cultural,
spiritual, and functional status.
- Assessment involves the orderly collection of information to
develop a comprehensive Standard of Care to meet identified patient
care outcomes and evaluate effectiveness of a nursing plan of
- Established nursing objectives, standards, policies, and
procedures will be followed in administering nursing care.
- Initial assessments provide a baseline for future comparisons
that can be made in order to individualize care.
- Ongoing assessment and reassessment are required to meet the
patient's changing needs.
- RN ensures accurate documentation, adequate supplies and is
knowledgeable in operation of equipment.
- The RN has a responsibility to acts as educator to their peers,
patients, and their families. All aspects of the RN performance
supports service excellence and a healing environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Competencies Establishing
Relationships Builds effective networks, working relationships, and
alliances in order to collaborate effectively within department and
organization. Can relate to all kinds of people regardless of
background; find topics and common interests that can be used to
build rapport with others. Peer Support Provides guidance and
feedback to help others strengthen knowledge/skills needed to
accomplish tasks, solve problems, and perform effectively within
the team. Inspiring and Motivating Others Fosters commitment and
cohesiveness by facilitating cooperation and working as a team
within the organization toward goal accomplishments. Work well with
others, build consensus, and ensure cooperation to complete tasks
and positive work flow. Demonstrating Emotional Intelligence
Exercises self-leadership, self-awareness, and self-regulation;
manages emotions so that they are expressed appropriately; leads
others by showcasing adaptability, empathy, and social skills.
Acting with Integrity Interacts with others in a way that is seen
as direct and truthful; ensures confidence in individual and
organizational motives and representations. Acts in a way that is
consistent with personal and organizational values by keeping
confidence, promises, and commitments. Clearly states goals and
beliefs; informs people of their true intentions, does what they
say they will do; follows through on commitments. Being a Champion
for Change and Innovation Supports people in their efforts to try
new things. Things creatively, generates novel and valuable ideas
and uses these ideas to develop new or improved processes. Accepts
new ways of doing things and adapts to change. Communicating
Effectively Speaks and writes clearly, conveys information in a
concise, organized, and logical manner. Is adept at tailoring the
message to fit the interests and needs of the audience. Listens
attentively and exercises tact, discretion, and diplomacy when
interacting with members of the department and organization.
Promoting Diversity and Inclusion Treats all people with dignity
and respect. Demonstrates an open-minded approach to understanding
people regardless of their gender, age, race, national origin,
religion, ethnicity, disability status, or other characteristics.
Challenges bias and intolerance. Develops all-inclusive groups in
the realms of social interaction and communication. Shows respect
for the beliefs of others; encourages and promotes practices that
support cultural diversity; discourages behaviors or practices that
may be perceived as unfair, biased, or critical toward people with
certain backgrounds. Physical Requirement Hand and Wrist (Test both
left and right sides)
- Grip a dynamometer for 10 seconds with a force > 10
- Pinch together the thumb & forefinger for 10 seconds with a
force > 2 lbs. Supported Elbows (Test both left and right
- Rotate wrist from left to right while holding 10 lb.
- Fully flex and extend elbow while holding a 10 lb. weight.
Shoulders (Test both left and right sides)
- Sustain shoulder flexion > 135 degrees while holding 10 lb.
- Sustain a shoulder shrug while holding 10 lb. weight in each
- Squat and hold position for 30 seconds.
- Kneel on a single knee, demonstrated on either left or right
knee. Push and Pull
- Push a stationary loaded cart with a pushing force of 40
- Pull a stationary loaded cart with a pulling force of 40 lbs.
- Carry a 20 lb. weight for a distance of 25 feet. Lifting Weight
lifted during lift test (35lbs. Female - 50lbs. Male requirement)
Floor to Table _______________ Waist to above shoulder height
------------------______________ (20 lbs requirement) Threshold
- These threshold requirements are required and completed yearly
- Annual Joint Commission mandatory education requirements,
in-service and health requirements including attendance at new
- TB/PPD Surveillance Program
- Maintenance of required professional licensing and/or
certification(s). This is not necessarily an extensive list of all
responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or working
conditions associates with the job. While this is intended to be an
accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the
right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be
performed when circumstances change. I have reviewed these job
requirements and verify that I can perform all essential functions
of this position.
Keywords: Jupiter Medical Center, Jupiter , Registered Nurse, Healthcare , Jupiter, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!