Certified Nursing Assistant
Company: Jupiter Medical Center
Posted on: November 19, 2021
- High school graduate or equivalent
Experience / Qualifications
- Current Certified Nursing Assistant licensure in the state of
- American Heart Association BLS, for Heath Care
- Successfully pass Certified Nursing Assistant test
- 2 years or more acute care experience preferred
The Certified Nursing Assistant is a member of the nursing team who
contributes to the comfort and well being of the patients by
performing specifically assigned tasks and works under the
direction of the Registered Nurse.
Builds effective networks, working relationships, and alliances in
order to collaborate effectively within department and
organization. Can relate to all kinds of people regardless of
background; find topics and common interests that can be used to
build rapport with others.
Provides guidance and feedback to help others strengthen
knowledge/skills needed to accomplish tasks, solve problems, and
perform effectively within the team.
Inspiring and Motivating Others
Fosters commitment and cohesiveness by facilitating cooperation and
working as a team within the organization toward goal
accomplishments. Work well with others, build consensus, and ensure
cooperation to complete tasks and postive work flow.
Demonstrating Emotional Intelligence
Exercises self-leadership, self-awareness, and self-regulation;
manages emotions so that they are expressed appropriately; leads
others by showcasing adaptability, empathy, and social skills.
Acting with Integrity
Interacts with others in a way that is seen as direct and truthful;
ensures confidence in individual and organizational motives and
representations. Acts in a way that is consistent with personal and
organizational values by keeping confidence, promises, and
commitments. Clearly states goals and beliefs; informs people of
their true intentions, does what they say they will do; follows
through on commitments.
Being a Champion for Change and Innovation
Supports people in their efforts to try new things. Things
creatively, generates novel and valuable ideas and uses these ideas
to develop new or improved processes. Accepts new ways of doing
things and adapts to change.
Speaks and writes clearly, conveys information in a concise,
organized, and logical manner. Is adept at tailoring the message to
fit the interests and needs of the audience. Listens attentively
and exercises tact, discretion, and diplomacy when interacting with
members of the department and organization.
Promoting Diversity and Inclusion
Treats all people with dignity and respect. Demonstrates an
open-minded approach to understanding people regardless of their
gender, age, race, national origin, religion, ethnicity, disability
status, or other characteristics. Challenges bias and intolerance.
Develops all-inclusive groups in the realms of social interaction
and communication. Shows respect for the beliefs of others;
encourages and promotes practices that support cultural diversity;
discourages behaviors or practices that may be perceived as unfair,
biased, or critical toward people with certain backgrounds.
Hand and Wrist (Test both left and right sides)
- Grip a dynamometer for 10 seconds with a force >
- Pinch together the thumb & forefinger for 10 seconds with a
force > 5 lbs.
Supported Elbows (Test both left and right sides)
- Rotate wrist from left to right while holding 10 lb.
- Fully flex and extend elbow while holding a 10 lb. weight.
Shoulders (Test both left and right sides)
- Sustain shoulder flexion > 135 degrees for 10 seconds while
holding 10 lb. weight.
- Sustain a shoulder shrug for 10 seconds while holding 10 lb.
weight in each hand.
- Squat and hold position for 30 seconds.
- Kneel on a single knee, demonstrated on both left and right
Push and Pull
- Push a stationary loaded cart with a pushing force of 40
- Pull a stationary loaded cart with a pulling force of 40
- Carry a 30 lb. weight for a distance of 25 feet.
Floor to Table/Table to Floor (35lbs. Female - 50lbs. Male
These threshold requirements are required and completed on a yearly
- Annual Joint Commission mandatory education requirements,
in-service and health requirements including attendance at new
- TB/PPD Surveillance Program
- Maintenance of required professional licensing and/or
This is not necessarily an extensive list of all responsibilities,
skills, duties, requirements, or working conditions associates with
the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the
current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or
require that other or different tasks be performed when
circumstances change. I have reviewed these job requirements and
verify that I can perform all essential functions of this
Keywords: Jupiter Medical Center, Jupiter , Certified Nursing Assistant, Healthcare , Jupiter, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!