Medical Technologist - Full Time - Varied Shifts - 15k Retention Bonus Eligible
Company: Jupiter Medical Center
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Job Description*15k Retention Bonus Eligible*Jupiter Medical
Center is reimagining how to restore the community's health and
wellness. Award-winning physicians, world-class partnerships and
innovative techniques and technology enable Jupiter Medical Center
to provide a broad range of services with specialty concentrations
in cardiology, oncology, imaging, orthopedics and spine, digestive
health, emergency services, lung and thoracic, women's health,
weight management and men's health. Our medical center consistently
performs in the top 10 percent of hospitals for patient quality and
satisfaction and has earned the highest rating in the region for
quality of care.This position will work in collaboration with
department leadership to support the needs of the
- Performs, interprets and reports clincial laboratory diagnostic
tests on blood and body fluids.
- Maintains competency in licensed areas with flexibly to perform
testing in these areas as needed.
- Ensures continuous operation of testing analyzers, laboratory
processes and other laboratory equipment by performing required
quality control and calibrations; completing preventive maintenance
requirements; following manufacturer's instructions;
troubleshooting malfunctions and contacting service for repairs as
- Cognizant ability to correlate results from a variety of tests
and relate to treatment of patient.
- Participates in evaluation, implementation and validation of
new equipment and techniques.
- Assists in orientation and training of new team members
- Maintains laboratory supply and reagent inventory; anticipates
needed supplies; places and/or expedites orders for supplies;
verifies receipt of supplies.
- Conserves laboratory resources by using equipment and supplies
as needed to accomplish job results.
- Timely review of pending logs, resolving any outstanding
workload while communicating findings to the next shift.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending
educational workshops; reviewing professional publications;
establishing personal networks; participating in professional
societies. Serves as a resource for departments outside the
laboratory for medical laboratory technology.
- Maintains inter- and intradepartmental workflow by fostering a
spirit of cooperation.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with
procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to
infection-control and hazardous waste policies and protocols,
following identification procedures.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects the hospital by
keeping information confidential.Requirements
- AA/AS, BS preferred
- State of Florida Technologist License
- National Certification required, ASCP preferred.
- Special Skills include: Cognizant ability to correlate results
from a variety of tests and relate to treatment of patient. Able to
multitask and learn a variety of instrumention and software systems
to perform testing and result testing. Microsoft Office
Keywords: Jupiter Medical Center, Jupiter , Medical Technologist - Full Time - Varied Shifts - 15k Retention Bonus Eligible, Healthcare , Jupiter, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!