RN Pre/ Post Cardiology Procedural Unit- $15K Retention Bonus- No Weekends/ No Call
Company: Jupiter Medical Center
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Jupiter Medical Center is reimagining how to restore the
community's health and wellness. Award-winning physicians,
world-class partnerships and innovative techniques and technology
enable Jupiter Medical Center to provide a broad range of services
with specialty concentrations in cardiology, oncology, imaging,
orthopedics and spine, digestive health, emergency services, lung
and thoracic, women's health, weight management and men's health.
Our medical center consistently performs in the top 10 percent of
hospitals for patient quality and satisfaction and has earned the
highest rating in the region for quality of care.
The nursing professional in the Cardiac Catheterization Holding
Area is responsible for and participates in all aspects of
admission, assessment, pre & post procedural care, patient
teaching, transfers (in-house & outside of institution). The
nursing professional will assist in non-invasive diagnostic and
therapeutic Cardiology procedures. Scope of practice to include,
but not limited to:
* Demonstrate competency in the pre, intra, and post-operative care
for non-invasive, diagnostic, physiological and pharmacological
stress testing as well as TEE/Cardioversion, Implanted Loop
Recorders, and Tilt Table testing.
* Demonstrate competency in the pre and post procedural care of the
following: Diagnostic and Interventional Left and Right cardiac
procedures, Left and Right-sided electrophysiology testing and
intervention to include cardiac ablations as well as implant
insertions such as pacemakers, ICDs, Bi-Ventricular devices,
cardiac resynchronization, and phrenic nerve stimulators.
Structural heart procedures to include trans aortic valve
replacement, valvuloplasty, and left atrial appendage closure
* Demonstrate competency in radial and femoral access management
and assessment to include large bore sheath removal to include
manual and mechanical hemostasis devices such as the FemoStop and
TR Bands. Have knowledge of suture and collagen mediated closure
devices and be able to assess and intervene in the instance closure
* Highly competent in the recognition of cardiac rhythms and
* Transport patient to/from pre-post recovery and/or inpatient
* Administer intravenous and oral medications to patients.
* Manage patients under and recovering from procedural
* Operate physiologic recorder and printer to monitor
electrocardiogram and hemodynamic data. Troubleshoot equipment
issues and/or initiate repair.
* Participate in life-saving measures such as defibrillation and
cardiopulmonary resuscitation as needed.
* Ensure adequate levels of all supplies are available in all
procedural room(s). Stock as needed.
* Apply nursing theory to the assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and
evaluation of patient responses to health, illness, and
* Positively collaborate and coordinate the continuum of care
within a multi-disciplinary team and across divisions/units.
* Perform patient care according to patient priority (includes
interventions identified through nursing diagnoses), and
departmental, divisional, and/or unit policies, procedures, and
protocols to maintain safe environment for patients, visitors and
staff. Document/report interventions and patient/family response.
Follows universal precautions.
* Precept new staff at the direction of the Nursing Manager and/or
the Assistant Nurse Manager.
* Follow policies and procedures in accordance with regulations set
forth by Jupiter Medical Center.
* Demonstrate acceptance of responsibility; pride in work
performed; flexibility in acceptance of assignments while
consistently maintaining professional behavior and appearance.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing, BSN
* RN- Current RN licensure in the state of Florida, BSN
* American Heart Association BLS certification for Healthcare
* American Heart Assocaiton ACLS certification
* NIH Stroke Scale Certification
* Prior ICU/ER/Critical Care Experience preferred
Keywords: Jupiter Medical Center, Jupiter , RN Pre/ Post Cardiology Procedural Unit- $15K Retention Bonus- No Weekends/ No Call, Healthcare , Jupiter, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!