AM Sous Chef - Full-Time/Year-Round
Company: Jonathan's Landing Golf Club
Posted on: October 10, 2019
Jonathan's Landing Golf Club is seeking a Full-time Sous Chef to
join their culinary team! We offer a competitive salary and
comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision,
Company-paid Short-term Disability, Company-paid Life Insurance and
and Company-paid Vacation and Paid Time Off (PTO). 401(k) with
Employer Match will be offered after 1 year of employment.
Applications are available on our website, www.jonathanslanding.com
or in person at: 185 East Indiantown Road, Suite 129, Jupiter, FL
33477 OVERVIEW: The Sous Chef is responsible for supervising food
production, kitchen operation, maintaining budgetary guidelines,
and supervising kitchen personnel in accordance with company policy
and procedures. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares various foods, and directly supervises the quality,
presentation, portion sizes, and handling of all food items at
Jonathan's Landing Golf Club.
- Assumes complete charge of the kitchen in the absence of the
- Supervises, trains, motivates, and disciplines all kitchen
employees in absence of the Executive Chef.
- Monitors and assists in evaluating job performance of the
- Assures that all employment practices are conducted so as to
comply with applicable employment laws and company policy, and
remains generally abreast of local, state and federal laws, rules,
and regulations governing these practices.
- Consistently maintains standards of quality and cost of foods,
using proper handling and sanitation procedures in compliance with
all local and state sanitation rules.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment, making sure that
all kitchen personnel follows appropriate sanitation
- Assists in menu planning and related production activities,
supervision of employees and payroll.
- Assists with monthly inventories, pricing, cost controls,
requisitioning and issuing for food production.
- Assures compliance with all necessary budgetary
- Monitors amount of wastes in kitchen areas and amount of
chemicals used by dishwashers, and advises management of potential
- Assists in execution of employee meals assuring quality and
- Checks and executes function sheets for special parties.
- Supervises the opening and closing of kitchen and ensures that
these procedures are properly performed by kitchen personnel.
- Attends all Food & Beverage staff meetings.
- Must be energetic, self-motivated and positive team player that
takes personal pride in providing superior customer service.
- Train and direct staff.
- Make daily schedules for proper manpower utilization.
- Plans and organizes workload and staff assignments.
- Issues written and oral instructions; assigns duties and
examines work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies
and procedures. **Club background and experience is preferred**
Jonathan's Landing Golf Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a
Drug Free Workplace. (ref. 28161) We are an Equal Opportunity
Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex,
religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran
Keywords: Jonathan's Landing Golf Club, Jupiter , AM Sous Chef - Full-Time/Year-Round, Hospitality & Tourism , Jupiter, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!