Company: Wyndham Grand Jupiter at Harbourside Place
Posted on: November 14, 2019
As the world's largest hotel company, and a leading player in the
global hospitality industry, Wyndham Hotel Group boasts 7,500
hotels and 15 brands in 70 countries-all supported by more than
7,000 associates on six continents. And we know our success is
attributable to our associates, a bright, talented and diverse
group of individuals who embrace our signature Count On Me! service
culture and have a passion for excellence. Edging the beautiful
bank of Jupiter's Intracoastal Waterway, the Wyndham Grand Jupiter
at Harbourside Place is a lifestyle destination where business and
vacation travelers enjoy a sense of laid-back luxury and modern
elegance. Relax in exquisite rooms and suites, and indulge in a
variety of local restaurants offering exquisite cuisine. Lounge by
the rooftop pool with a hand-crafted cocktail while you soak up the
views and gentle breezes. Experience an upscale hotel surrounded by
lush landscapes and picturesque waterways in beautiful Northern
Palm Beach County. Wyndham Grand Jupiter at Harbourside Place is
seeking a Banquet Server. The Banquet Server is responsible for the
set-up and serving of food and beverages to guests at all banquet
functions, according to the hotel standards. Wyndham Hotels &
Resorts is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, creed,religion, national origin,
sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, genetic
information, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or
protected veteran status. Job Summary The Banquet Server is
responsible for the set-up and serving of food and beverages to
guests at all banquet functions, according to the hotel standards.
Education & Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in hotel or
a related field preferred. Physical Requirements
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry,
push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift. General Requirements
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and
written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive,
friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and
clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions
to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an
attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotels &
Resorts Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary
according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming,
which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards and regulations
to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas
and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating,
preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data,
etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest
or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times. Fundamental
- Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful,
and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
- Perform preparatory tasks and side work duties to ensure that
guests are served promptly and efficiently.
- Know how to read the Banquet Event Order (BEO) and be familiar
with the menu of the assigned function.
- Served guests according to the hotel's standards in a friendly,
courteous, and professional manner.
- Respond to guest problems, complaints, and accidents.
Communicate to management, if necessary.
- Set all tables according to hotel standards.
- Maintain the banquet storeroom in a neat and orderly manner,
stocked with any and all appropriate supplies necessary for food
- Clean-up banquet space after the completion of the function and
ensure that all equipment and supplies are stored and re-stocked
- Prepare room according to BEO and the various meal
- Follow all money handling procedures when serving the
- Know and use "suggestive selling" techniques.
- Know the menu items for each function served and able to give
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction. Please see Description
Keywords: Wyndham Grand Jupiter at Harbourside Place, Jupiter , Banquet Server, Hospitality & Tourism , Jupiter, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!