Company: VOLORIDGE INVESTEMENT MANAGEMENT
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Voloridge Software Engineers take pleasure in solving business
problems through innovation and robust engineering practices.
Expand your knowledge working directly with Senior Software
Engineers, Software Testers, Dev Ops Engineers, and Project
Managers. Our Software Engineers play a supporting role in the
research, design, building and testing of software that leverages
bleeding edge technology at the nexus of big data and finance. In
this highly collaborative environment, you will make meaningful
contributions to the software that will capture and distribute real
time market data, track portfolios, integrate order and execution
systems and develop interactive analytical tools to be used by both
clients and mobile use.
Drive creativity and find pleasure in your work: You love coding
and technology. It is as much a hobby as it is work. Whether it is
following blogs and podcasts, to downloading and trying out new
projects from Github or elsewhere you have ideas you want to
explore. Learning new things and bringing new ideas and solutions
to the challenges we face is a key driver of innovation and
Seek continual improvement and roll-up-your sleeves: Be willing to
learn whatever technologies, tools, or patterns necessary to solve
a problem. These are critical systems, and you cannot avoid a
problem because "someone else 'owns' the code" - learn the code,
learn the domain, solve the problem.
Embrace truth and openness and practice humility and honor: We are
a collection of top-performers with strong opinions but respect for
the ideas of others is a must for finding the right solution.
Everyone makes mistakes at times, so we don't judge others. What is
important is uncovering errors quickly, getting fixes in place, and
understanding what can be improved for next time.
Summary of Job Functions
- Participate and contribute to software design and
- Continually review performance and collaborate with Sr.
Software Engineers to recommend repairs of existing programs to
increase operating efficiency or to adapt to new requirements
- Document detailed workflow charts and diagrams that describe
input, output, and logical operation and convert them into a series
of instructions coded in a computer language
- Contribute to instruction or manuals to guide end users
- Within the specifications set by Sr Software Engineers develop
- Work with Product Management, Users, and QA to ensure software
- Participate in the deployment of software changes to QA and
- BS or MS in Computer Science
- Experience programming in any language (Python/C#
- Understanding of SQL and / or experience working with large,
complex data sets
- Experience working on software projects independently or with a
- Strong desire to learn to code
Preferred skills and previous experience
- Strong math background
- Understanding of cloud based services such as Amazon or Azure
- Understanding of unit test development on an existing codebase
and TDD/BDD methodologies
- Familiarity with financial data and financial industry
standards, concepts, and processes
Compensation and Benefits
- Highly competitive base salary
- Profit sharing bonus
- Health, dental, vision, life, disability insurance
Voloridge Investment Management is an SEC registered investment
advisor. A private investment company founded in 2009, our mission
is to deliver superior risk-adjusted returns for qualified
investors, using advanced proprietary modeling technology,
conservative investment tactics and sophisticated risk
Voloridge Investment Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally
protected characteristic or status.
Keywords: VOLORIDGE INVESTEMENT MANAGEMENT, Jupiter , Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Jupiter, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!