Registered Nurse - Mobile Clinic, Full Time - Jupiter, FL - Clinical
Company: Healthcare District of Palm Beach County
Posted on: January 15, 2023
Registered Nurse - Mobile Clinic, Full Time - Jupiter, FL
This position provides safe and effective nursing care and
treatment to patients. Employees are part of a managed care team
and works collaboratively with ancillary personnel in the provision
of proper medical services and treatment. This position is
responsible for assessing the patient, planning the care and
evaluating the effectiveness of nursing interventions in accordance
with established regulations, policies, nursing standards and
medical instructions. -
- Provides nursing care for the Mobile Cinic to meet the needs of
the patient population served as qualified; i.e., infant, child,
adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients.
- Delivers patient care within defined clinic and emergency care
standards for assessment, care planning, interventions, and
reassessment, and delegates care appropriately to other team
members and support staff.
- Performs nursing care within the guidelines of the Relationship
and Results Oriented Healthcare Model utilizing the recommended
bundles of best practice.
- Demonstrates understanding and commitment to mission,
philosophy, standards, policies and procedures.
- Recognizes all staff, physicians and visitors, as well as,
patients as customers and provides courteous and respectful
- Participates in the orientation and mentoring of new staff
members recognizing importance of bringing new staff into a
friendly and supportive work environment.
- Provides mentoring and training to staff members as
- Maintains competencies and participates in required training
and in-services for unit.
- Ensures completion of continuing education requirements in
subjects pertinent to nursing or position related information.
- Assists manager and other staff members to maintain competence
and skills for procedures assigned and assists in validation of
skills and competence of new staff members prior to delegation of
- Participates with team members and manager to identify
opportunities for improvement in patient care processes.
- Utilizes and ensures staff uses supplies efficiently, following
infection control procedures, avoiding waste and follows patient
- Serves as an example for team members in cost saving
- Follows the Universal Protocol for prevention of wrong site,
wrong procedure -
- Utilizes patient care equipment safely, following clinic policy
and procedure. Reports any identified equipment breakdown or
malfunction by clinic policy. Maintains cleanliness of equipment
- Serves as a leader for change, positively promoting new systems
and changes implemented which improves the clinic and the service
provided to its patients.
- Documents and reports any complaints from patients, physicians
and visitors to supervisor as guided by clinic policies and
- Screens all patients for the appropriate acuity and priority
level in a timely manner.
- Assesses each patient for potential abuse, suicidal or
exploitation. Reports to proper authority any concerns of abuse,
neglect, suicide or exploitation.
- Evaluates emotional needs of the patients with appropriate
- Performs age appropriate initial assessment of all patients
seen in the department.
- Performs specialized patient assessments as needed.
- Explains all procedures and care plans to patients, and as
appropriate to family. Ensures patient and/or family are educated
for appropriate health maintenance.
- Performs home medication reconciliation with the appropriate
- Orders initial lab tests and x-rays by established protocols or
per physician orders. Ensures patients are appropriately prepared
- Obtains and transcribes physician's orders in a timely and
accurate manner ensuring all tests are ordered appropriately and
- Completes assessments and documentation of all patients.
- Assesses lung sound in patients to evaluate pulmonary status by
- Evaluates clinical/diagnostic reports and reports variances to
the Physician and documents same.
- Develops plan of care and patient focused goals with the
patient and family as appropriate, ensuring patient understanding
and involvement in their care.
- Verifies any patient allergies prior to administration of
- Communicates effectively with other patient care providers and
team members for efficiencies and safety of care through
appropriate ordering procedures, preparing patients for surgery and
other procedures, communicating fall potential and other risk
- Assesses each patients' pain and documents utilizing the
approved pain scale. Reviews with the Physician all critical lab
values and documents patient's plan of care.
- Documents and maintains all patient care records and related
required documentation. Maintains records and communications with
respect to patient's privacy.
- Maintains accurate and current record of patient's care and
response to care following the guidelines for appropriate
- Follows policies for administration of patient identification,
documentation and taking telephone orders with read back and
communication of critical values/diagnostic results.
- Documents the administration of medicines including dosage,
medicine route, medicine site, and patient's response as required
in the documentation system.
- Communicates and completes documentation for effective handoff
of patients care (SBAR) for admission or transfer of patient to
another health care facility.
- Utilizes good communication skills, critical thinking and
checkpoints for teamwork. Provides patient information timely and
effectively during shift report and with patient's hand-offs.
- Provides nursing care to patients with either hard or soft
splinting devices; assesses circulation, mobility, and neurological
status of patients. Applies splints and bandages per physician's
- Performs waived testing per policy and completes associated
- Follows proper aseptic techniques in all medication preparation
- Utilizes needle-less system in providing patient care as
appropriate in accordance with policies, procedures and regulatory
- Collects specimens following clinic policy and procedure.
- Utilizes personal protective equipment in performing duties
where actual or potential exposure to hazardous conditions may be
- Reports variances in care and/or medication administration for
- Performs duties in accordance with pathogen transmission
practices; i.e., follows hand washing procedures and utilizes
protective equipment effectively.
- Participates in the cleanliness of the work environment.
- Follows the cleaning and disposal policies and procedures for
all hazardous waste.
- Follows guidelines for performance improvement and demonstrates
understanding of participation in the Core Measures for the clinic
and for documentation review and restraint review process.
- Participates in department's QI activities on a daily
- Ensures availability of age appropriate supplies and
- Responsible for service delivery and outreach to migrant and/or
homeless populations in Palm Beach County at the existing health
centers, along with other community sites, as directed by the
Clinic Administration. -Emergency duty may be required of the
incumbent that includes working in Red Cross shelters or to perform
other emergency duties including, but not limited to, responses to
threats or disasters, man-made or natural.Additionally, incumbents
are required to perform emergency response and management duties
for Palm Beach County as required. -
Education:Nursing degree from an accredited nursing school
required. -Experience:One (1) year of acute care nursing experience
as an RN preferred.Bilingual preferred. -Certification:Current ACLS
or BLS certification required. -Licensure:State of Florida,
Registered Nurse license required. - -Health Care District of Palm
Beach County is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug
Free Workplace. We embrace diversity and do not discriminate based
on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including
pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a
protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or
other applicable legally protected characteristics. -
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Click here to get started.
Keywords: Healthcare District of Palm Beach County, Jupiter , Registered Nurse - Mobile Clinic, Full Time - Jupiter, FL - Clinical, IT / Software / Systems , Jupiter, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!