FRONT DESK COORDINATOR I
Company: Envision Healthcare
Posted on: November 21, 2020
Envision Physician Services is a multispecialty physician group and
practice management company. Established in 1953, our organization
provides anesthesia, emergency medicine, hospital medicine,
radiology, primary/urgent care, surgical services, and women s and
children s health services to hospitals and health systems
nationwide. Sheridan Healthcare, EmCare, Reimbursement Technologies
and Emergency Medical Associates have recently joined forces to
form Envision Physician Services. As one organization, we now
provide a greater scope of service than any other national
physician group. Our collective experience from hundreds of local,
customized engagements, culture of continuous lean process
improvement, and team of experts in the business of healthcare
enable us to better solve complex problems and consistently give
healthcare organizations confidence in our execution. Our combined
organization serves more than 780 healthcare facilities in 48
states and the District of Columbia.
If you are looking for a stable, fast-paced, growing company in the
healthcare industry that is committed to innovation, excellence and
integrity, then this may be a great next step in the advancement of
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Front Desk
Coordinator I in Jupiter, Fl.
The Front Desk Coordinator I is responsible for general
administrative tasks such as scheduling, reception, front end
revenue cycle, medical assisatnt duties and other physician office
tasks. Additionally, the Front Desk Coordinator I is the point
person for operations procedures for Receptionists and assigning
and disseminating work. Upholds the highest standards in
interaction with patients, their families and referring physicians
and their staff.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate!
* Greets patients; performs check in tasks including arriving
patients in the electronic medical record, instructing patients on
completion of paperwork, verifying patients' insurance if
applicable, obtaining copies of patient identification and outside
* Collects copayments, coinsurance, and self-pay payments;
documents payments in practice management system, prepares day-end
batches according to policies and procedures, and reconciles
payments taken with reports.
* Completes end-of-day tasks, including running applicable reports,
identifying no-show patients and communicating with appropriate
personnel, completing daily batching tasks, and other office close
* Answers, routes, transfers, and retrieves phone calls and
messages as required.
* Ensures referrals and outside records have been obtained prior to
* Communicates with Medical Assistants to ensure efficient patient
flow through the office and proper documentation of visits.
* Answers multiple phone lines, ensuring quality and customer
service for all callers.
* Schedules appointments according to scheduling guidelines.
Adheres to urgent and add-on patient visit guidelines and
communicates such visits to clinical staff per office protocols.
Confirms appointments prior to patient visit if applicable.
* Prepares daily charts and maintains medical files and electronic
* Scans outside reports, results, and labs into the appropriate
sections of the electronic medical record.
* Maintains and orders office supplies. Assures all items ordered
are received and follows up on incomplete orders.
* Assists manager in gathering data for various reports.
* Assists physician(s) with daily needs.
* Coordinates patient documentation for billing with business
* Interfaces with referring offices in obtaining referrals when
* Opens, sorts, and records receipt date of mail; forwards bills
and invoices promptly to manager; forwards correspondence from
hospital medical staff office or insurance companies promptly to
manager, and performs other general office duties as needed
* Obtains clarification of policy whenever necessary and may uses
resources available through other departments such as Legal, HR,
* Functions as the primary trainer for Receptionists.
* Maintains office policy and procedure reference guides and
ensures all administrative procedures are followed with regard to
scheduling, reception, and other job-specific tasks.
* Answers questions and serve as a resource for Receptionists .
* Provides inservices to administrative and clinical staff on
* Serves as a first point of contact for patient concerns,
questions and customer service inquires. Discusses payment
arrangements as allowed within Sheridan policy and documents
accordingly, or promptly refers patient to office manager as
required by policy.
* Obtains authorizations and referrals for patient visits per
office protocol, if applicable.
* Coordinates patient flow through the front office; communicates
with clinical staff and physicians to optimize patient
* Works with manager to develop and incorporate practice goals into
* Gives feedback and input to manager for performance reviews,
corrective actions, and rewards and recognition for
* Coordinates call outs and vacation coverage of assigned
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Reads and abides by the company s code of conduct, ethics
statements, employee handbook(s), policies and procedures and other
corporate mandates, including participation in mandatory training
* Reports any real or suspected violation of the corporate
compliance program, company policies and procedures, harassment or
other prohibited activities in accordance with the reporting
policies of the company
* Good organizational skills
* Communicate and work well in a team environment
* Follow up in a timely manner on open items
* Able to effectively prioritize work on a daily basis
* Experience working in a high call volume environment a plus
* High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
* Two or more years of related experience
* Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills are a plus
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have
* Microsoft Office Suite
* Electronic Medical Record systems
If you are ready to join an exciting, progressive company and have
a strong work ethic, Join our team of experts! We offer a highly
competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
Envision Physician Services uses E-Verify to confirm the employment
eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about
E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit
Envision Physician Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Envision Healthcare, Jupiter , FRONT DESK COORDINATOR I, Other , Jupiter, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!