Senior Writer, Asia-Pacific
Company: Boston Consulting Group
Posted on: November 12, 2021
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As a key member of BCG’s Editorial team, the Senior Writer for
Asia-Pacific will work with BCG partners in the region to transform
their research and insights into incisive and engaging narratives
for a global English-language audience. To do this effectively, the
Senior Writer will work cross-culturally, cross-functionally, and
across a range of channels and formats, including publications,
infographics, and videos.
Collaboration is critical. The Senior Writer will foster
relationships with BCG teams and experts in Asia-Pacific in order
to play an active role in shaping the content as a thought partner
and content strategist, helping teams surface their most
interesting ideas and convey them clearly and effectively. He or
she will also work closely with BCG marketers in the region and
with others in BCG’s Global Marketing function, based in the US, to
ensure the content is aligned with the firm’s standards and
strategies and the development process runs efficiently.
The Senior Writer will need to bring an open, solutions-oriented
mindset to each project and interaction, an ability to listen to
multiple views and engage respectfully, and a passion for crafting
stories that people want to read and share. The Senior Writer must
be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, managing
multiple projects across a wide range of topics, meeting deadlines,
and adapting to multiple cultures.
The Senior Writer will report to Amy Halliday and will be an
integral part of BCG’s Editorial team, which is part of Global
Marketing. The Senior Writer will also be actively engaged with
BCG’s Asia-Pacific marketing team.
YOU'RE GOOD AT
- Works closely with BCG teams and experts in Asia-Pacific to
transform their ideas and insights into high-quality content; acts
as a thought partner and communications expert, shaping and
- Acts as a content strategist, helping to identify the best
formats and channels for conveying BCG insights in the most
effective and compelling way; leverages online metrics to
- Plays an active role in managing each project, working closely
with Editorial team members and other Global Marketing functions to
facilitate and expedite its development; anticipates and resolves
- Understands the importance of creating content that is
optimized for online channels.\\Works efficiently and productively;
prioritizes work effectively across multiple projects.
- Upholds all BCG editorial policies and standards, as well as
the overall quality of the content we produce.
- Builds relationships with BCG experts across Asia-Pacific,
identifies new content opportunities, and executes agreed
- Stays informed of competitor activity and media positioning on
relevant topics, and brings this knowledge forward to differentiate
- Looks for opportunities to experiment with new approaches and
formats, contributing to the Editorial team’s ongoing efforts to
innovate and improve.
- Works positively and collaboratively. Actively builds
relationships across Asia-Pacific, Editorial, and Global Marketing;
operates as part of an integrated team and looks for opportunities
to contribute his or her expertise.
- Collaborates effectively with BCG experts, listening carefully
and knowing when to compromise and when to marshal data and
expertise to push for a solution.
- Utilizes internal communication tools, including Slack and
Trello, to help manage projects and stay connected to various
efforts and priorities in Global Marketing.
- Communicates clearly and effectively; able to influence others
in an effective, constructive manner.
- Contributes to broader editorial projects and initiatives
geared toward improving the quality and reach of our contents well
as the ways we work together to produce and share content.
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
Education or Certifications
Work Experience (years, type, etc)
- Undergraduate or Master’s degree in a related field (e.g.,
journalism, communications) or in a field that emphasizes writing,
with demonstrated high academic achievement
- Minimum 10 years of relevant professional writing / editing
experience, with a focus on Asia-Pacific
- Experience writing for a professional services firm is a
- Outstanding writing skills; deep understanding of the
characteristics of strong thought leadership content
- Strong cross-cultural skills; able to build bridges between
partners throughout Asia-Pacific and the Global Marketing
- Conversational Mandarin preferred
- Strong project management and interpersonal skills, able to
work in a fast-paced environment
- Collaborative, positive, and diplomatic in all
- Flexible; adapts quickly to new circumstances or priorities;
open to new ideas
- Strong organizational and project management skills, able to
multi-task several concurrent assignments
YOU'LL WORK WITH
BCG’s marketing team drives the firm’s reputation as a thought
leader. We work to strengthen and protect BCG’s brand, advance our
business agenda, and partner with management to engage with our key
audiences through tools such as global thought-leadership
publications, public relations, alumni outreach, recruitment
marketing, and social media.
Keywords: Boston Consulting Group, Jupiter , Senior Writer, Asia-Pacific, Other , Jupiter, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!