FRONT DESK COORDINATOR I
Company: Envision Physician Services
Posted on: November 12, 2021
OverviewEnvision Physician Services is a multispecialty
physician group and practice management company. Established in
1953, our organization provides anesthesia, emergency medicine,
hospital medicine, radiology, primary/urgent care, surgical
services, and women's and children's health services to hospitals
and health systems nationwide. Sheridan Healthcare, EmCare,
Reimbursement Technologies and Emergency Medical Associates joined
forces to form Envision Physician Services. As one organization, we
provide a greater scope of service than any other national
physician group. Our collective experience from hundreds of local,
customized engagements, culture of continuous lean process
improvement, and team of experts in the business of healthcare
enable us to better solve complex problems and consistently give
healthcare organizations confidence in our execution. Our combined
organization serves more than 780 healthcare facilities in 48
states and the District of Columbia. We currently have an exciting
opportunity for a Front Desk Coordinator at our practice in
Jupiter, Florida! The ideal candidate will be responsible for
general administrative tasks such as scheduling, reception, front
end revenue cycle, and other physician office tasks. This role is
the point person for operations procedures for Receptionists,
assigning and disseminating work, and upholds the highest standards
in interaction with patients, their families, and referring
physicians and their staff. This is a great opportunity for the
- Greets patients; performs check in tasks including arriving
patients in the electronic medical record, instructing patients on
completion of paperwork, verifying patients' insurance if
applicable, obtaining copies of patient identification and outside
- Collects copayments, coinsurance, and self-pay payments;
documents payments in practice management system, prepares day-end
batches according to policies and procedures, and reconciles
payments taken with reports.
- Completes end-of-day tasks, including running applicable
reports, identifying no-show patients and communicating with
appropriate personnel, completing daily batching tasks, and other
office close procedures.
- Answers, routes, transfers, and retrieves phone calls and
messages as required.
- Ensures referrals and outside records have been obtained prior
- Communicates with Medical Assistants to ensure efficient
patient flow through the office and proper documentation of
- Answers multiple phone lines, ensuring quality and customer
service for all callers.
- Schedules appointments according to scheduling guidelines.
Adheres to urgent and add-on patient visit guidelines and
communicates such visits to clinical staff per office protocols.
Confirms appointments prior to patient visit if applicable.
- Prepares daily charts and maintains medical files and
electronic medical records.
- Scans outside reports, results, and labs into the appropriate
sections of the electronic medical record.
- Maintains and orders office supplies. Assures all items ordered
are received and follows up on incomplete orders.
- Assists manager in gathering data for various reports.
- Assists physician(s) with daily needs.
- Coordinates patient documentation for billing with business
- Interfaces with referring offices in obtaining referrals when
- Opens, sorts, and records receipt date of mail; forwards bills
and invoices promptly to manager; forwards correspondence from
hospital medical staff office or insurance companies promptly to
manager, and performs other general office duties as needed
- Functions as the primary trainer for Receptionists.
- Maintains office policy and procedure reference guides and
ensures all administrative procedures are followed with regard to
scheduling, reception, and other job-specific tasks.
- Answers questions and serves as a resource for
- Provides in-services to administrative and clinical staff on
- Demonstrates Leadership skills and is regarded by physicians
and colleagues as the team lead.
- Serves as a first point of contact for patient concerns,
questions and customer service inquires. Discusses payment
arrangements as allowed within Envision policy and documents
accordingly, or promptly refers patients to office manager as
required by policy.
- Obtains authorizations and referrals for patient visits per
office protocol, if applicable.
- Coordinates patient flow through the front office; communicates
with clinical staff and physicians to optimize patient
- Works with manager to develop and incorporate practice goals
into the office.
- Gives feedback and input to manager for performance reviews,
corrective actions, and rewards and recognition for
- Coordinates call outs and vacation coverage of assigned
- Responsible for adhering to Information Security Policies and
ensuring Envision is as secure as possible.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Qualifications
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Two+ years' experience as detailed above
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills are a plus
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Electronic Medical Record systems (eClinicalworks)
- Good organizational skills
- Communicate and work well in a team environment
- Follow up in a timely manner on open items
- Able to effectively prioritize work on a daily basis
- Experience working in a high call volume environment a plusIf
you are ready to join an exciting, progressive company and have a
strong work ethic, join our team of experts! We offer a competitive
salary and a comprehensive benefits package.Envision Physician
Services uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all
newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your
rights and responsibilities, please visit Envision Physician
Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.#CB
Keywords: Envision Physician Services, Jupiter , FRONT DESK COORDINATOR I, Other , Jupiter, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!