Scheduling Specialist - Full Time - Days
Company: Jupiter Medical Center
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Jupiter Medical Center is reimagining how to restore the
community's health and wellness. Award-winning physicians,
world-class partnerships and innovative techniques and technology
enable Jupiter Medical Center to provide a broad range of services
with specialty concentrations in cardiology, oncology, imaging,
orthopedics and spine, digestive health, emergency services, lung
and thoracic, women's health, weight management and men's health.
Our medical center consistently performs in the top 10 percent of
hospitals for patient quality and satisfaction and has earned the
highest rating in the region for quality of care.
The Patient Access Specialist will be responsible for delivering a
dynamic customer experience to all customers and demonstrate a
strong commitment to service excellence.
The Patient Access Specialist meets the needs of all patients by
receiving inbound calls and initiating outbound calls to patients
and physician offices to schedule procedures for multiple
* Collects demographic and insurance information to properly create
* Effectively documents all information/instructions regarding the
patient's appointment as necessary for the efficient workflow of
* Cancels and reschedules patient appointments as necessary and
documents reason codes/notes in the patient record.
* Schedules appointments and communicates exam/procedure specific
instructions to patients and physician offices.
* Communicates with the Scheduling Coordinator to efficiently
obtain appointment date/time for STAT/Add-On procedures.
* Coordinates resources including Physicians, staff and equipment
for scheduled exams in multiple locations on the same date of
* Acts as a resource to internal and external customers for
scheduled hospital services.
* Secures necessary documentation to support the patient's exam
including physician orders and physician office documentation when
* Escalates any patient experience issues to the Scheduling
Supervisor for rapid resolution.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* High School graduate
* Enthusiastic, friendly, patient focused customer service
* Exemplary communication skills, written and verbal -- must be
comfortable speaking to patients via phone and successfully
communicate pertinent information.
* Must be a team player with ability to collaborate
interdepartmentally and with clinical staff.
* Capacity to multi-task with computer programs while providing
patients the highest level of care and attention.
* Ability to self-direct and exercise independent judgment in
situations requiring follow-up and discussions with clinical staff
and/or other areas of Patient Access to ensure completeness of
scheduling event and customer satisfaction.
* Works well in a team environment to accomplish common tasks to
solve problems and enhance the smooth and efficient flow of the
* 2 year's experience with hospital insurance plans including
Medicare, Medicaid, HMO's and PPO's preferred.
* 1-2 years of specialized training in a healthcare setting with
demonstrated knowledge in patient access/scheduling
* Excellent typing and computer skills.
* Knowledge of outpatient procedures and medical terminology
* Ability to exercise good judgment, time management skills and
follow appropriate procedures when setting priorities.
* Knowledge of Healthcare Scheduling Software ideal.
Keywords: Jupiter Medical Center, Jupiter , Scheduling Specialist - Full Time - Days, Other , Jupiter, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!