Hazardous Materials Coordinator
Company: Power Systems Mfg., LLC
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionPOSITION: Hazardous Materials
CoordinatorLOCATION: Jupiter, FLSTATUS: Salary-Exempt JOB SUMMARY
The Hazardous Materials Coordinator (HMC) will support PSM's
Environment, Health, and Safety department in all aspects of
day-to-day workflow and operations of Power Systems Manufacturing,
LLC's industrial waste disposal program. Responsibilities include
but may not limited to; inter-facilities transportation and storage
of waste; waste determination, minimization, and disposal;
preparation of waste for shipment, and maintaining all necessary
documentation. The HMC will be responsible for performing a variety
of routine hazardous and non-hazardous waste tasks in the movement
of solids and liquids. Under direct and indirect supervision, tasks
may include, but may not be limited to all types of manual labor in
cleaning and decontamination operations, material handling,
packing, re-packing, unloading and loading containers for
processing at site or transportation to appropriate
facilities.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESThe essential
functions of the job include, but are not limited to, the
- Ensures compliance with applicable state and federal
- Maintain Central Accumulation Area, Satellite Accumulation
Areas, and Day Cans across the facility in a manner that ensures
regulatory and statute compliance.
- Assist in the development and implementation of Work
Instructions and Standard Operating Procedures relative to waste
- Decontaminate and dispose of empty drums and/or containers
according to RCRA and disposal guidelines.
- Support recycling efforts across the facility. Gather and
centrally store recyclable materials for proper disposition.
- Process waste and prepare waste containers for shipment,
perform container closures per TSDF closure instructions, prepare
shipping papers and waste manifests
- Load and unload various size containers (totes, drums, tankers,
- Use a variety of tools such as impact wrenches, shovels, hand
- Monitor Point of Generation and Satellite Accumulation Areas
for compliance correcting discrepancies
- Read, comprehend, and implement state and federal regulatory
- Provide waste packaging support for operations personnel,
re-packaging or over-packing containers that are found to be
unsuitable for shipment
- Coordinate with Cell Leads and Workshop Supervisor to schedule
and execute container movements and exchanges
- Assist in completing all necessary paperwork for processing
materials to include DOT shipping papers and waste manifests
- Transport materials and waste to and from various locations
across the facility.
- Assist in the loading/unloading of hazardous and non-hazardous
waste materials at • designated sites utilizing appropriate
equipment for which you are appropriately trained.
- Identify hazards, notify EHS Management, recommend corrective
action, and effectively communicate hazards and corrective action
- Perform and document inspections including but not limited to,
SWPPP Inspections, SPCC inspections, RCRA CAA/SAA LT 60 and LT 90,
new/used container inspections
- Facilitate collection of data and preparation of Tier 2 and
FDEP Biennial Reporting
- Support internal and external auditing.
- Evaluates and manages environmental issues on site, including
chemical spills. Maintain a clean, organized and safe work area.
Perform general housekeeping in accumulation areas.
- Other duties as assigned.MINIMUM REQUIREMENTSEducation &
- Bachelor's Degree in related discipline (Chemistry, Physical
Science, Environmental Engineering etc.) or equivalent relevant
- Must complete EHS assigned regulatory training for work area as
described by PSM's EHS Training Matrix
- Must be trained, or willing to be trained, in accordance with
EPA regulations to work at a 90 day accumulation site, and be
trained in accordance with EPA regulations to make hazardous waste
- Must possess and maintain a current and valid U. S. Driver's
- Must be capable of safely operating forklifts and powered
- Strong working knowledge of RCRA, PHSMA, FDEP, EPA, DOT,
CERCLA, OSHA, TSCA and NFPA preferred. Preferred Education &
- 40-hour HAZWOPER
- DOT Hazardous Waste Training
- Previous Forklift and Powered Pallet Jack Certifications
- Certified Hazardous Materials Practitioner or Certified
Dangerous Goods Professional Skills/Experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience in hazardous waste activities
with Large Quantity Generator, strong emphasis in environmental and
chemical handling preferred.
- Must have working experience in a quality-oriented environment
requiring a high degree of attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written
and verbal. Must be capable of communicating complex and detailed
information at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work within established policies and procedures, and
quickly learn PSM's infrastructure, facilities, and
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Word,
Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft 365, Visio, etc.)
- Experience with electronic EHS management systems Physical
- Must be able to wear respirator and protective clothing. May
require medical evaluation for Respirator Medical Clearance.
- Excessive standing and/or walking, Exposure to extreme
temperatures, Exposure to fumes and/or chemicals, Exposure to
heights, Exposure to loud noises, Lifting (weight)
- Lifting weight Special Working Conditions: On call/standby work
required, Irregular work hours, Professional appearance, Work in
stressful conditions Other Special Working Conditions
- Able and willing to travel approximately 25%.Equal Opportunity
Keywords: Power Systems Mfg., LLC, Jupiter , Hazardous Materials Coordinator, Other , Jupiter, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!